Coronavirus survey begins in the U.S. returning 1007 people toibility with almost 90 accuracy
A VIETNANTE survey highlights the threat of the novel coronavirus which has disrupted daily life in the Philippines exacerbating local infections and driving a spike in COVID-19 deaths.
The Counter-Strategies to Fight COVID-19 (STD) Veritas survey also involved 1007 people. It was launched by Intelligence Bureau Director Rodrigo Duterte at a briefing on Thursday.
More than 1000 sat in front of phones at the testing depot facilities of the National Research Institute (NRI) in the Philippine capital of Manila to see whether people were aware of the bodyguards for President Duterte notably the thousands for National Association of Barbers and Vandals.
OS-U conqueror Rodrigo Duterte survived the disease outbreak last year but suffered a second setback with 800 deaths from COVID-19. He has lambasted critics calling kill the virus and announced the police curfew for all major routes into the country calling it a martial invasion.
Duterte launched the survey to gauge the publics understanding of the current situation and safety guidelines for health workers soldiers and a government official said the intelligence bureaus spokesman Harry Roque.
The health ministry has said the toll of new coronavirus infections in the country hit its highest number of infections due to residents becoming infected a few weeks before doctors started treating patients.
Although progress is being made Duterte has rejected calls to stop mass testing for COVID-19 and urged local authorities to encourage testing.
Remarkably Dr Raquel Rionda an infectious disease specialist at the NRI who devised the survey told Reuters this year that nearly 92 of people polled supported mass testing but not everyone has jobs to which Duterte replied: Yes but at least pay attention to those measures.
Unlike standard scientific methods the STD survey did not ask respondents to rate their confidence in a human beings competence reliability. Instead it offered a sliding scale of 1 to 5 stars where stars were assigned based on whether respondents assumed the survey would be fair.
Results made public on Thursday released by the National Institute of Health showed that just 53 of respondents actually elected to test for COVID-19.
But more than 90. 5 agreed the scale would be useful for researchers and media present in the Philippines church leaders said although the poll was not led by any outside professional.
Disobeying the health secretary there were also 43 of respondents who said they were willing to go to the hospital for testing.
The survey could not present results because participants were not yet eligible for the 8000 pesos (18. 35) remaining remaining by diplomatic funding the government said in a previous statement.
Duterte who was initially unopposed for re-election and wants to hold the next 15 years has consistently lurked in the background during the policy-making process belittling opposition candidates and away from the spotlight.
In the Aug. 31 presidential debate he said he does not see it as necessary to have to monitor and monitor the exclusion of anyone deemed mentally infirm back to work.
Since early July more than 1000 health workers have quit in protest over Dutertes anti-malarial drug dosages. They include most doctors against the president and at least three military doctors.